The AMEE Grant for Medical Educators working in Resource Constrained Settings (MERCS Grant) aims to provide financial support to HPE scholars working in emerging, disadvantaged, and/or resource-constrained settings to create opportunities for health professions education research. These include regions where there is ongoing conflict, migration, poverty, and insufficient access to basic health care and services, and/or contexts with limited resources.
Eligible institutions are from countries classified as economies in transition and developing economies
The grant covers areas appropriate for health professions education research such as:
- Teaching and learning in all settings and scenarios (e.g. classroom, simulation, clinical context)
- Assessment of learning (e.g. process, outcomes)
- Curriculum development (e.g. new courses, new educational strategies, new programs)
- Student selection
- Planning and implementation
- Structures and processes (e.g. local, national, and international institutions)
- Mentoring and faculty development
- Student wellness and support (including of community and of diversity)
Information about the 2023 MERCS Grant will be posted shortly.